Never thought I’d use those two words in the same damn line, but there it is. This is a post based on a viral quiz/questionaire/whatever that floated around my Facebook friends’ pages these last few weeks.
The question was: Tell us 10 things about yourself we might not know.
Nobody asked me, which is fine. I’m not much into Facebook. But it did get me thinking. I’ve spent the last few weeks soul searching and would like to share my findings with my (tiny) audience.
So here is MY list of ten things you probably don’t know about me:
- I only regret one thing in life: missing my baby brother’s high school graduation.
- I’ve never finished a poem that directly related to my wife.
- Until this month, I had never written a character based on my wife.
- I play the lottery in hopes of being able to pay off my grandmother’s reverse mortgage (Don’t get me started on reverse mortgages)
- I watch FAR more TV than I claim to.
- I don’t own any video games. It’s not because I don’t like them, it’s because I’m addicted to them and will waste ALL my time playing them.
- I haven’t smoked a cigarette for about 12 years. Though, often, I dream about sneaking a pack and trying to hide it from my wife. The only thing stopping me is the price tag.
- I left my hometown because of HORRIBLE choices I made as a post-high school adult.
- I’m scared that one day the world will find me out as being a maniac with terribly inhuman thoughts and everyone will shun me. That might sound funny, but I really fear this…every day.
- I’m jealous of how happy my wife always is. I’m drugged enough to keep me less-mopey. But I wish I had her happiness surrounding me all the time. That’s probably why I’ve tried so hard to keep her close.